jeudi 12 novembre 2009

She made me start this blog

This is the story that started this blog.

It happened this morning, I had an 11 O'clock appointment to show an apartment. The lady arrived earlier. I was already busy changing a mailbox lock when she arrived so I opened the door for her and asked her to wait for a few minutes while I finished what I have started.

She was an older lady, I'd say in her 60's, rather short and had a big cross hanging from her neck. I have no trouble with anyone showing proudly their religion but I think she may need to confess soon...

One of the tenants come down to pick up her mail, does small talk to me, wish me a good day and walks away. She is a very sweet woman and there is no way I would repeat this story to her since she is the kind of person that would be truly hurt by this.

Once she is gone, the potential tenant ask me what apartment number that tenant lives in. Of course, I explain that it's a confidential information and I am not entitled to give her that, she should have asked her while she was here.

Lady: Oh I don't know her, it's just that I don't like her face so I don't want to live next to her.
Me: Well, if you do not wish to live in the building because you don't like someone I won't hold you back.
Lady: I don't mind she lives in the building, I don't know her, I just don't want to be her neighbor cause I don't like her face.
Me: I cannot give you her apartment number since that is confidential.
Lady: Fine, then I will leave.
Me: Ok, bye.


She did leave.

Isn't there something in Christianity about not judging other people?


People amaze me, not always in a good way.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire